There are generally five steps to the process:
- The clients I have the pleasure to work with are always referred by existing clients. When you contact me, please mention the client who is endorsing you.
- Once we have made introductions, I will send a list of questions that will help determine whether we would be a good fit. It is with these questions that I am able to ascertain certain specifications, such as the type of piece you wish to acquire, including the budget you have set aside for such a piece and the level of quality that you would require.
- If we find that we are a good fit, you have the option to retain my services. At the moment, my retainer fee is $2,000. It is a good-faith deposit that allows me to fly stones in from around the world and start design services and research, as well as cost estimates. The retainer is ultimately applied in full toward the final product.
- Upon receipt of the retainer, work is immediately started on procuring labor and materials. I will provide updates to you as major milestones in the work are completed. Custom designs generally take on average between two and three weeks.
- As soon as work is complete, any balances are settled and the piece is hand-delivered or sent via overnight delivery. Please call when you receive your piece, as I look forward to hearing my clients’ reactions when they see the final product in person.